- FEMA Tornado Preparedness: FEMA’s home page for tornado preparedness information.
- NIST National Windstorm Impact Reduction Program: A windstorm mitigation research and implementation program that consists of multiple federal agencies led by NIST.
- NOAA National Severe Storms Laboratory Tornado Research: NOAA’s national laboratory for tornado research and forecasting.
- NOAA/NSSL VORTEX2 Tornado Research Program: A tornado research program which collected windstorm data from within supercells via specialized storm chaser vehicles.
- Texas Technical Institute National Wind Institute: Texas Tech’s center for wind science research and education.
- FEMA P-320: Taking Shelter from the Storm: Building a Safe Room for Your Home or Small Business (FEMA, 2014)
- FEMA P-361: Safe Rooms for Tornadoes and Hurricanes Guidance for Community and Residential Safe Rooms (FEMA, 2015)