- FEMA Emergency Preparedness: FEMA’s official homepage for emergency preparedness information.
- FEMA Emergency Management Agency Database: A database of state and tribal emergency management agencies
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies: The home page of the Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian aid societies.
- DHS/FEMA Campus Ready Program: The home page of FEMA’s university campus emergency preparedness program.
- Protecting Our Critical Infrastructure: Findings and Recommendations from the American Lifelines Alliance Roundtable (American Lifelines Alliance, 2005)
- Talking About Disaster: Guide for Standard Messages (American Red Cross, 2007)
- Design Guide for Improving School Safety in Earthquakes, Floods, and High Winds (FEMA, 2004)
- Coast Guard: Observations on the Preparation, Response and Recovery Missions Related to Hurricane Katrina (Government Accountability Office, 2006)
- Disaster Recovery: Selected Themes for Effective Long-Term Recovery (Government Accountability Office, 2012)
- Emergency Preparedness and Response: Some Issues and Challenges Associated with Major Emergency Incidents (Government Accountability Office, 2006)
- Hurricanes Katrina and Rita: Coordination between FEMA and the Red Cross Should Be Improved for the 2006 Hurricane Season (Government Accountability Office, 2006)
- National Academies Creating a Disaster Resilient America: Grand Challenges in Science and Technology: Summary of a Workshop of the Disasters (National Academies, 2005)
- National Academies Facing Hazards and Disasters: Understanding Human Dimensions (National Academies, 2006)
- Grand Challenges for Disaster Risk Reduction (NSTC Subcommittee on Disaster Risk Reduction (SDR), Various Publication Dates)
- Reducing Disaster Vulnerability Through Science and Technology (NSTC, 2003)
- Effective Disaster Warnings (White House, 2000)
- National Academies Roundtable Workshop 6: Alerting America: Effective Risk Communication
- National Academies Roundtable Workshop 9: Reducing the Impacts of Disasters Through Improved Earth Observations
- National Academies Roundtable Workshop 11: Public Health Risks of Disasters: Building Capacity to Respond
- National Academies Roundtable Workshop 12: Creating a Disaster Resilient America: Grand Challenges in Science and Technology
- National Academies Roundtable Workshop 16: Community Disaster Resilience